Hi guys, I’m having some problems with my account so the pattern may look a bit rough at the moment, don’t worry it’s only cosmetic things.. I’ll fix it later tonight but now I’ve got to take a walk in this beautiful sunshine with my family! Happy Friday.
All my love,
Foxy the fox!
You will need:
A ball of orange yarn
A small amount of black and white yarn
A pair of safety eyes
A small amount of stuffing
For this little guy seen in the pictures I used Sandnes – Line (yarn), a 3.0 mm and a 2,5 mm hook, and 6 mm safety eyes.
ch = chain
mc = magic circle
sc = stitch
inc = increase, make two stitches in one stitch
dec = decrease, make two stitches into one stitch
fo = finish off
The magic circle, a quick how to:
Hold the end of the yarn and wrap it around your finger twice. The end should be at your right. Put your hook under the first thread and over the second; hook yarn and pull through to make a loop. Yarn over and pull through the loop, pull lightly to secure. Crochet the given stitches, then gently slide the end of the yarn (from the beginning) out of the circle and pull to tighten!
Body and head (orange, hook 3.0):
1. 6 sc in a mc (6)
2. inc, repeat around (12)
3. sc, inc, repeat around (18)
4. 2 sc, inc, repeat around (24)
5. 3 sc, inc, repeat around (30)
6-10. sc, repeat around (30)
11. 3 sc, dec, repeat around (24)
12. sc, repeat around (24)
13. 2 sc, dec, repeat around (18)
14-18. sc, repeat around (18)
Start to fill the body and place the eyes between row 15-16 with about 5 sc spacing.
19. sc, dec, repeat around (12)
Fill the body completely, it’s gonna be tight here on out!
20. dec, repeat around (6)
21. close with some stitches and fo
Snout (orange, hook 2,5)
1. 4 sc in a mc (4)
2. sc, inc, repeat around (6)
3. 2 sc, inc, repeat around (8)
4. sc, repeat around (8)
1. Take some thread (approximately 30 cm), fold over twice and tie a double knot.
2. With a needle: pull yarn through the snout and tie off inside.
If the end threads are a bit too clumpy for your needle; cut them open and thread on thereafter.
Sew on the snout between the eyes on the body.
Tummy patch (white, hook 2.5):
1. 4 sc in a mc (4)
2. inc, repeat around (8)
3. sc, inc, repeat around (12)
4. 2 sc, inc, inc, 4 sc, inc, inc, 2 sc, repeat around (16)
Sew onto the body.
Ears, make two (orange and black, hook 3.0):
After every round: make a turning chain. This doesn’t count as a stitch. Turn!
1. ch 2 (2)
2. inc, repeat around (4)
3. inc, sc, sc, inc (6)
4. sc, repeat around (6)
5. dec, 2 sc, dec (4)
6. dec, dec (2)
7. attach the black yarn with a standing sc, followed by a sc. (2)
8. dec (1)
9. fo, use the thread to shape the tip off the ear.
Inner ear, make two (white, hook 2.5):
1. ch 3 (3)
2. Start in the second sc from the hook: inc, inc, 5 sc in the same stitch, which makes you turn around the corner (9)
3. sc, sc (2)
4. At the top: do a picot. Ch 1 and slip stitch through the stitch below (2)
5. Sc down the side to the bottom (approximately 3-4 sc)
6. fo, and sew on the orange ears
7. Attach the finished ears on the head, a proximally 2 sc from the middle on each side.
Tail (white and orange, hook 2.5):
Start with white!
1. 4 sc in a mc (4)
2. sc, repeat around (4)
3. sc, inc, repeat around (6)
4. 6 sc, repeat around (6)
Change to orange!
5. sc, inc, inc, repeat around (10)
6. sc, inc, inc, repeat three times, finish with sc (16)
7. sc, repeat around (16)
8. sc, repeat around (16)
9. sc, dec, repeat five times, finish with sc (11)
10. sc, dec, repeat three times, finish with sc (8)
11. sc, dec, sc, sc, dec, sc (6)
12. sc, repeat around (6)
13. fo and sew on the body in the middle, about rows 7-9.
Done! I hope you enjoyed making your little fox. 😄
This pattern is for personal use only. You are not allowed to publish or sell any part of this pattern. You may sell the foxes you make from this pattern on a small scale, but please give credits and link back to me. 😘